Saturday, August 2, 2008

To the End of Two Ends

First things first: Happy Belated Birthday to Hsu-Cherng. May your year be filled with the best of luck!
Second thing: I'm on a stress-free vacation at Sierramas.

Random flashback: Young and unsure of what was to come, I placed my name under PBSM also known as theRed Cross Society during Form One. The crowds were massive, its members were abundant. Throughout the years, despite the torturous rounds of push-ups, there was something that lured me into the meetings twice a week. That was then, I suppose, now that passion toned down to bits of amber.

Nonetheless, I will never forget those heart-warming moments when being clad in white seemed to flow blood of pride through our veins. Not forgetting the PCK camp(it's an intensive first aid course) in Form Two which opened my eyes. Then there are those friendships tied closer with every meeting, and even after some of them decided to quit, it's nice to have these friendships still, first started by that twice a week routine.

Back to reality: This was my last time ever going to a PBSM meeting. I left with alcohol swap lingering on the tip of my tongue. Yes, my last time doing CPR on a plastic figure. To leave was a blissful moment of sugar-coated freedom.

Four Leaf Clover Animated Divider from FLMNetwork.com


Another random flashback: The Form Three me entered the Interact club. Quite sorry to say, I wasn't such an active one. Though at times my mind would wonder what it was that compelled me to enter this society, I can't say that it hasn't change me.

To say that 'it's helped me interact with others' would be rather cliche, but with all due respect it is true. Perhaps, you can say, it has given me a different perspective of life and the way things go round, as well as a tinge of courage to speak my mind in confidence. And yes, of course, friendship played an important part in it.

Back yet again to reality: With the passing of the Interact Installation, we left as outgoing members. The performances were truely amazing, or at least, they would have been had there been no technical difficulties, added by the fact that we had to wait in between performances. 4.10pm, and I was like a Cinderella on a curfew, having to leave for Chinese tuition.

Four Leaf Clover Animated Divider from FLMNetwork.com


The rush of the day blurred across my mind. From 9.30 am to 5.30pm, my feet had to scramble to so many places for the sake of wanting to see how things end. A paradoxical feeling shadowed my mind(not to mention an ache upon my feet, but that's a separate matter). Somehow, it's quite good to have some load of your back, yet not so.
I suppose, it's a bittersweet thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment