Friday, September 9, 2011

Two weeks left.

It only just occurred to me that I have only two more weeks left before I hop on the plane and fly off again. And that still makes me nervous even though it wouldn't be the first time.

Being away means being cut off from the world you once knew. There will be incidents that they will hide from you, sudden announcements and situations that could have been boiling for a long time. There will be things that are supposedly "not important" or "would upset you". There will be too many words left unspoken, too many pieces of yourself still lingering between the two countries.

I know online social networks and chat sites would be there as a virtual bridge, but sometimes it really isn't the same. I wonder at times whether I am an outlier of 'Gen-Y's whose heartbeat skips when letters are in the mailbox. I mean the physical snail mail that people take time to think about and write.

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy it in the UK; I have friends there. It's just scary knowing that the next time I come back, many more things will change- even me, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment