Monday, September 12, 2011

Lighting the Dark

Lighting the Dark by rachlyf
Lighting the Dark, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.
I've been telling myself all year to take risks, take the leap, be brave. I daresay I have gone further than I thought I would.

I've sent out some enclosed envelopes; I will only disclose what lies within if good news come back. I've applied for positions in societies at my university, such as the Malaysian Society as well as the independent newspaper, and that has given me a lot of confidence. Check this out- I'm in Wikipedia!

Hopefully things will go well so long as I continue stepping out of my comfort zone each time. That's one of my New Year's Resolution somewhat done.

But sometimes I wonder, have I? I've recently talked to two different friends about a subject which has led me to realize that I am, perhaps, still not as brave as I'd hoped to be. Admittedly, it's not easy, considering that I already know how it feels from a different point of view. I suppose that would be the 'ultimate' challenge, and if I do that- nothing else can stop me. Muahahaha! *coughs*

And yet, something tells me I can't. Not yet. Someone shed light on the dark for me! Well, we'll see how it goes, shall we?

PS. Next post will be on Mid Autumn Day celebration, for sure.

3 comments:

  1. YOU'RE ON WIKIPEDIA, WHO NEEDS TO SHED LIGHT ON THE DARK FOR YOU? XDXDXDXDX

    congratz of course. But keep expanding your wiki-exposure :D I wanna read your books in the future as well hohoho. Keep on writing with your heart aight?

    This guy who did concept works for Star Wars last time, Doug Chiang, said something like this, "Sometimes, you just gotta trust that what you do will take you there where you wanna be."

    I think you're already doing it right haha. I'm pretty sure Pn. Harbinger would go bonkers if she sees this :D:D:D:D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's a really nice quote coming appropriately from the designer of Star Wars. Hopefully I'll live up to it. Am looking forward to being in more permanent Wikipedia pages someday. That'll be another goal to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that goal is within your reach. You've got the talent and the attitude for it. Just keep pushing :D

    ReplyDelete