Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Heart...

Dear Heart,

It's been a while. I thought I'd take this opportunity to apologize for the things that I have put you through and those that I might make you go through again someday.

We have known each other all our lives, you and I. As far as I remember, your judgments have been good. Look at us; you've convinced me to take the course you love at university. The way you have sudden splurges of courage to step up to challenges never cease to amaze me. At times when I thought you'd absolutely embarrass yourself, you proved me wrong.

I am sorry that I have had to question you. I am sorry for all the arguments that I have won even though I know that you are the one who makes the better decisions. Truth is, I don't want to see you get hurt. I know that you can heal and get better, but are they worth the pain?

Truth is, I am the one that needs time to think. I'll let you have all the reins slowly but surely. Until then, I am going to ask that you be patient with me,

Your terrified friend,
Head




Also, thank you, Mei Shan, for a most amazing phone call. It's one of those ordinary miracles where fate and time have a way of telling us that there will always be friends who will share those random thoughts that you never knew were in the mind of someone else as well. And thank you for showing me the meaning of Sarah McLachlan's song.

"When you cannot hear your heart or your head, ask another heart." - Mei Shan  

1 comment:

  1. Hello buddy! Don't mention it, I thoroughly enjoy the call too - thanks for sharing & hearing me out too!! Its like looking at the mirror and reminding myself that hey simple pleasures - our way :p
    Yea and I'm sure your heart will be patient with you haha give her some time, she will figure it out!! :)
    Haven't heard this song for awhile, always strikes the right chord in you! <3

    ReplyDelete