Thursday, September 29, 2011

Being Back and Busy

Now that I am back at the U E of A, settled down though not without a jet lag, here is a glimpse of what has been going on. Well, more appropriately, what hasn't been going on? The freshers have arrived and then I realized that I am a second-year. You know, the ones that walk around the campus as if they've been there for years, looking experienced and smug. On the bright side, I might as well bask in all that 'senior' glory while I can. I have this odd feeling that by the time students reach their third year, attention is minimal and sometimes nonexistent. Don't you think so? People normally ask if you are a first or second-year and not whether you are a final year.

P1040617
Home Made T-Shirt!
First weeks are usually busy to rope in the first-years. There was a Socmart recently, whereby each society would set up their respective booths and students would sign up for the ones they are interested in. Throughout the day, I had shifts with the Malaysian Society, which you can see from the photo below, as well as the Concrete Newspaper. It took me a while the night before to decorate my shirt (which possibly didn't help that I had many characters to do) but I love the result. 

P1040609
Charlene and I
I signed up for several, mostly the ones that I can see myself going to this year. As for how we did- it's a no-brainer for Concrete seeing as it has a huge base on campus (I bet we have over a hundred)- for a newly formed society, our Malaysian Society did quite well.

P1040610
SocMart
That aside, I've had two classes so far. Despite the difficulty I expect them to put me through, I think I am going to like them. Lots of events are happening soon thanks to the Socmart, especially since they need to make use of the fresher's enthusiasm at the start of the year. I've had to make myself daily schedules just to keep up! 

Speaking of which, I better go now. It's going to be a busy day ahead. From a class to a newspaper recruitment drive to a meeting and two socials that I might or might not go to. That pretty much depends on how sleepy I still get by evening. When will this jetlag stop!!?
Till the next time.


PS. My little cousin asked me when I am coming back to Malaysia and commented that it'll be good if I could be back tomorrow. I miss her already!

No comments:

Post a Comment