Friday, September 23, 2011

Thoughts on the 23rd

Is it really the 23rd? That's fast. It seemed like only a week ago that I came back.

I'm excited, really. There are so many things I have yet to do, so many sights I have yet to see- I am going to travel next year and absorb all that life has to offer. That's what I am going to do. Well, I'm going to see how far I can stretch my pounds and euros on the way.

There are goals to achieve; dreams to pursue, which somehow would seem different if they are done in Malaysia. One year ago, I believed that I was picking an odd art subject considering how others were going towards science and mathematics. Imagine my shock when I went abroad and saw that the arts always had a strong base at universities. I was the missing jigsaw that fitted in a huge arts faculty. I don't know exactly what else UK has to offer me, but I can tell that they would be good.

But don't be mistaken. If there's anywhere that's my home, it's right here in Malaysia. For now. I've met my family and friends, gobbled down gastronomic delicacies, engaged in traditions, learnt how my family's past could be turned into inspiration and even learnt how to inject a stomach along the way. That was random, but bear with me. It basically felt like home.

So tomorrow, my fellow readers, I leave with a heart that is both pumped with adrenaline and heavy with longing. Don't worry about me. I'll be coming home another day.

1 comment:

  1. Nah, don't worry. We'll let your family do all the worrying for us hahah P:

    ReplyDelete