Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Magic Box

Some time ago, we had a mini farewell gathering for Janice, who would be leaving for USA later this month. I had a feeling there would be more farewells as the time comes, which is quite disheartening if I think about it now.

Normally I can come up with metaphors and symbolic statements to say how I decided on the design for my card. To this, I say...the little ducks at that craft store were simply adorable. I had to use them.

Did you raise an eyebrow? Maybe if I try hard enough, I can come up with something better than that. What about "Good luck in another pond but don't forget which feather you belong to"? Choose whichever reason you prefer.

The whole day seemed to remind us of those 'nostalgic' days. Ringing the doorbell and hiding somewhere else to lure Janice out, plus the 'nostalgic' moments in the park and by the pool. Let's not forget the dinner and "buns" and desserts too! Gorgeous cake, don't you think? Now picture this with scoops of Haagen Dazs Strawberry Ice-cream. Salivating now?


So I hope that the 'magic box' will continue to bug Janice until she goes up the plane and that she'll enjoy reading the many messages that we've collected and put in it.


From left: Elisa, Chiah, Jia Yu, Si Onn, Janice, Evena, and Yours truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment