Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hope for Mankind Yet

Soldiers - they who have not seen war in the face can never understand what they have to go through. For me, they don't bask in patriotism, neither are they heartless robots. I see them as helpless pawns in a chess game, very much the victims like their families who would suffer the grief.

I couldn't help but tear up when I saw the video of the military homecoming. They look so happy, even the children crying tears of joy. It's so heartwarming. Do watch it!



I'd like to think that there is hope for mankind yet. And that one day, all around the world, the end of wars would look just like this.


PS. Come, let's not be cynics and say they are doing the same thing. Bear in mind that soldiers can be deployed for years. They either make it for homecoming. Or they never come back. I find their reactions justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment