Monday, April 5, 2010

Chemistry in Colour

I had many urges to put my coursework aside and write a blog post, but I told myself that it wouldn't be practical. 2500 words per unit does not come in a few hours.

On the scientific side of things, we carried out experiments on vanadium and copper ions today. Thwy were mixed away to a myriad of beautiful shades of blue, greena and even purple. I like the green it gives when experimented with tin! For a moment it was difficult to discard them. They turned out so beautifully!


Though I don't see myself concocting variants of rainbow spectrums from solutions in the future, I have to admit this: Chemistry can be colourful. Hard, yes, but the laboratory works can be very colourful indeed.

To that I say, enjoy the colours while they last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment