Friday, October 2, 2009

Choppy.

News spread fast in our family.

She's leaving today.

She's calling everyone.

She's holding back her tears. Sometimes.

And then it rings. So I pick it up, though I already know who it is.

I'm overwhelmed suddenly. It all rushes to me. Her tone was of controlled sadness.

Then mine was. All the best. Good Luck. How are you. Are you alright. So what are you going to do there. How long.

The usual questions. And still so hard to ask. Perhaps we both know that we both sounded a little controlled, asking only simple questions for simple answers, with nothing emotional.

"I'm sorry? Haha I can't really hear you. The connection is bad from here."

"Haha me too... it sounds choppy."

To be honest, it wasn't choppy on either end. It was just...us.

"I'm reaching the air port soon. Okay...bye." She stutters.

"Have a safe flight...bye." Hold back...hold back...

When I put it down, all I can think is...it wasn't choppy.



*sobs*

No comments:

Post a Comment