Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To a Childhood Best Friend


Today is a special day!
Do you know why that’s so?
I came to think that it was fate
From times so long ago

Remembering all that we shared
Adventures we’ve been through
I’d like to list down all the gifts
I wish to give to you.

Evidently via mail
The package will be too heavy
My first gift is for miracles
To brighten your life daily

An angel to be by your side
To grant you with protection
The gift of accepting who you are
To gain self-realisation.

Suppose next a sturdy ladder
That leads straight to the stars
May you then receive the freedom
To be truly who you are.

Undoubtedly the next gift would be
A life with full of love
With happy never-endings
And the strength to rise above.

Remembering all that we shared,
You deserve to get the best.
It took me long to figure out
What to wrap with all the rest.

Everlasting friendship
Is one thing that I can promise
And a future of contentment
May these gifts stay ever timeless.

Dear Mei Shan, we both know
How subtle we can be
I just hope by decoding this poem,
you’ll see what you mean to me.


~Rachael Lum~



Happy 19th Birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rachael. =)

    Ten Gifts, 10 of the best I could wish for =)

    Treasured indeed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nICE ONE. Plz visit my blogs too.

    http://rkambadi.blogspot.com


    http://rkambadi.blog.co.in

    ReplyDelete