Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Mysterious Day

I'm not done with my Easter holiday tales, so here's my account of what we did while in London. This was the day after the Harry Potter Studio tour and we thought it's our chance to explore a little bit (more) of London. What struck us odd was how the day worked out in the end.

221b Baker Street by rachlyf
221b Baker Street, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.

At the start of the day, we went to the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street. To be honest, I've not properly read the Sherlock Holmes series, which I really must do!

P1050830
Sherlock's Bedroom
P1050831
A Book on Bees
P1050833
Desk in Mr Watson's Room
P1050834

P1050838
Diaries
P1050840

Later in the evening, we decided to watch a West End play and it was quite a coincidence that we bought tickets for an Agatha Christie play at the St. Martin's Theatre. The Mousetrap is the longest-running play, one of the detective writer's amazing whodunnit story. I won't ruin the ending for you as I've been sworn to secrecy. I can only say that if you watch it, you can be sure that you won't regret it.

That being said, I've only ever read one or two of Agatha Christie's stories. It's on my list along with Arthur Canon Doyle.


Visiting a fictional detective's house and watching a detective play. It's pretty mysterious. I can't fathom it.

No comments:

Post a Comment