Monday, April 23, 2012

World Book Night 2012


Today is William Shakespeare's birthday. It is also World Book Night. As part of the initiative, volunteers will hand out books to a number of readers. These readers would then read the books, then share them with another new reader. Check out the website if you want to know more about it.

I've been given a book titled The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I've started a bit of it. Don't think I have time to read much until I've handed in my assignment and I'm done revising.

And well, it doesn't really matter if you don't have one of the books on the list, reading is the nectar of life. Reading feeds and fuels imagination, uses words as the building blocks for worlds, and the good ones stick with you and change your life.

Pick a book up today. Have a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment