Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Little Bit of Notts

Attending the Nottingham Malaysian Games for the second time felt different. I noticed new but familiar faces wandering about; I had to register UEA's contingent for the games; I realised that Scrabble is a game that depends on luck, skill and a great poker face. I got further than I did last year for Scrabble, although five games took a toll on me and frankly I have only ever played for fun, so certain rules were not too clear with me.

That aside, I thought the event was organized a lot better than the year before and hopefully our baby Malaysian Society will be able to send a bus next time.

notts1
Nottingham!
Rachel and Adrienne brought me around Lace Market in the city centre, particularly the areas with vintage or independent stores. While they did remind me of Norwich, there was something unique about them, as would most vintage shops. 

notts2
Adrienne and I
We also went to Lee Rosy's for tea under the recommendation of my house mate. The cakes there were moist and delicious. Like some of Norwich's little tea houses and pubs, there are people reading and writing by the glass window as if being displayed for all to see. Definitely somewhere to go to if you lead a literary lifestyle.

notts3
Adrienne and Rachel Chiah

I enjoyed my trip up to Nottingham this time, thanks to these two wonderful ladies. Not only did I get a stress free weekend, my presentation for Literature and Desire the following day went well too.

That aside, creative juices are sporadically injecting themselves into my brain lately. I ought to milk them while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment