Monday, July 4, 2011

Removing the Fingerprints

After three days of gruesome packing, two days of lugging everything back and forth and finally returning the key to the Accommodation Office, I have officially settled in. The house is beautiful, yes, but before I release the photos, I feel the need to show what it is like to have your fingerprints removed. Not literally, as did the agents in 'Men in Black', although it feels just as eerie.

Before:
P1020976
My room #1
After:
P1030015
Before:
P1020929
My room #2
After:
P1030013
How strange it is to feel attached to a room you only had for nine months. Pinned to the walls were the fragments salvaged from the clusters of memories, reminding you that little parts of your life have already imprinted themselves upon the surfaces of that tiny room. Then having to remove them, ready for another tenant to live in it, take up the space and morph it into an unfamiliar environment. I have to tell myself evolution works that way. Cycle of life, is it not? To be forgotten when you're gone.

Now now, don't think this is a depressing post. It really isn't! My fingerprints have appeared on newer grounds. That, however, is a whole new story.

P1020925
A Gift for the Cleaner
Let's also not forget the Cleaner who has been so nice to us. Anyway, see you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment