Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Durian @ Home

Durian! by rachlyf
Durian!, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.

Durian is the South-East Asian 'King of Fruits', characterized by its acquired taste and smell. It has been said to smell disgusting, but durian fans like myself find it aromatic. I was also told that, like chocolate, bitter is better, but I prefer the ones in between- both bitter and sweet.

Having durian in Malaysia is both a sign of home and a tradition since childhood. For me, at least.

Which brings me to the subject of home. There is a rather strange combination involving time. Weekends are extremely busy to the point where I have plans almost every week that stretch all the way to September. Then there are the weekdays, when the lives of people around me rush on whilst mine does not.

Seems confusing, does it not? Well, I've written several poems. That counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment