Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The New House

After leaving behind the room in the village emptied of its character, it was time to move on to greener pastures. Caroline, Ezra, Jess, Mike and I have moved into a new house. It is further than our previous accommodation but the area is lovely and so is our house. 

house1
The New House
Such a beauty, isn't it? Do not be fooled by its size. I would describe it as being 'like a TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space, also known as the time machine in Dr Who)'. In other words, it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

house2

I can't show you all the rooms, but I can give you glimpses of what lies inside.

house3
The Living Room (with a flat screen TV!)
You might be able to guess that the guys were enthusiastic about flipping the channels and playing on their PS2.

house3.5
Gives it character, don't you think?
Even the lights are amusingly adorable.

house4
My room
Now we have come to my little room, with the big wardrobe. You'd never know, just beyond that glass wardrobe might be a gateway to Narnia!

house5
My desk
Now doesn't this look familiar?
house6
The kitchen (HUGE kitchen)
We also love the size of the kitchen, which I suppose normally is the heart of the house.

house7
Our shelf full of herbs and spices
And we have a large backyard with apple trees. They should turn ripe in autumn, so the next time I go back, there should be sploshes of crimsons on the greens.

house8
The backyard
Now Edward Thomas can be wrong about houses in his poem, no?

house9
Apple trees



5 comments:

  1. apple trees... Buchanan? Kerana Manisnya Epal. Interesting. Anyways, hope you don't mind me stopping by hohoho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. Haha I wish I knew the difference. All apples look the same to me. I remember reading that story but don't recall what it was about. Remembered there's a dog, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three, no actually 4 things. Shape, colour, texture and scent. They're all quite different actually. If you frequently journey to places like Cold Storage where they have a wider selection of different fruits and vegetables in general types.

    And lol, don't worry about recalling. I had remnants of its info hidden at the back of my head, Googled it up and I got what I wanted. And I actually forgot the name of the cerpen lol. Well, until I Googled hoho. And yes, there was a dog, I forgot the name and it barked at tractors that were waiting to tear apart Buchanan's apple orchard. Well, whatever it was, I just know the dog's does not spell Anyss Sophillea in its name.

    Wonders of Komsas. I actually enjoyed all the poems and short stories, until my teacher eventually hit the point of irritatingly annoying, since everyone in Lili is always discriminated as stuck up laid backs who have no proper goal in life. And more than half our teachers always made us their venting station.

    I donno about Angsana, but Lili was never a great place to be even to begin with. But being there made me realize a lot of things I guess. Not crucial facts, but still important to know haha. About how a lot of misconceptions happen, and how teachers in school are generally anal to people who go for art stream. I got 7A's but I got lumped in anyways. But whatever it was, I know they were all good people, in my class. Some rotten ones which I think all classes have, but most of them are nice people. Only if you take the time see beyond what they can perform outside they boredom in class haha. I'd rather be stuck together with them rather than narrow-minded self-centred ignorant teachers really.

    Eh, how did apples even got to this...?
    Well, whatever I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things start with an apple. Don't believe me? Ask Newton. And Eve.

    Yea, I guess in certain schools (like ours) the line between art and science is annoyingly great. And on both sides, the students are being forced into certain stereotypes. In our class, everyone was expected to go forth and do science-related careers, and we're not supposed to make mistakes because..."you're in Angsana". Quite frankly, I used to get annoyed whenever that becomes the reason for everything. A lot of us probably signed up for science stream because we weren't sure what we wanted to do yet.

    While we're on the subject. You might find this familiar--> http://rachaellum.blogspot.com/2008/09/on-taking-english-literature.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oi spoiler la, I haven't finished your 2009 posts yet lol.

    And yes. Eve was the fool who made us all fools and Newton was the only fool who discovered gravity. Man.

    Oh yeah, who says you can't go into science with Lit? TAKE BOOK SCIENCE >=E

    ReplyDelete