Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Rapturous Day

Saturday, 21st May 2011. 6pm in the UK. The day and time the rapture supposedly happened. Where some people are meant to disappear while the rest remain. And I'm updating to inform you that I am indeed still here. For your information, I'm not one to believe in that sort of stuff but the day was...memorable.

7.30pm. As part of the Norwich Fringe Festival, there was a poetry reading at Take 5 in the city by some seniors from the Creative Writing society about the supposed three prevalent themes in poetry 'Sex, Death and Stuff'. It was amazing watching them perform. Basically, they argued why each theme is more significant than the other while we voted for the best argument. 'Stuff' won! So I'm going to go on with the stuff now.

8-ish pm. Next up was a 5-star sock puppet performance by the Scottish Falsetto. Judging by how I understood and managed to laugh at the jokes and antics, I am sure I have lived here long enough to know a great deal of culture, for example, I get the Doctor Who allusions now. Do you know who Doctor Who is?

9pm. Bus to Eaton Park for another festival event.

9.30pm. Amanda, Sarah and I were at Eaton Park watching the Wired Aerial Performance called 'As the World Tipped', which is scarily coincidental considering the day but it was a wonderful show about the environment.

ff1
Slipping off the edge among the boxes of documents
Where in an office, environmental protocols are changed time after time after time to aid global warming but nothing is being done. Until it is too late.

ff2
Was both dark and awe-inspiring at the same time
Where the whole stage literally tilts and tips. And the performers, supported by wires, are thrown and tossed across the screen towards the end of the world.

ff3
Now this is amazing.
To lay down a word of comfort, I don't think 2012 is the end otherwise it would have ended 20 times before. It's probably a year of great changes (whatever that is). Saving the environment is evidently high up on the list. I hope. 

ff4
Theme: Be the Change and Demand Change
11pm. Back and watching 'Doctor Who' just because I can and at a mildly unhealthy speed. I'd say it was a great day. Rapturous, even. Now does that count as a "rapture"? Well, I'm still here, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment