Monday, May 16, 2011

Piano. Forte.

Agitato (Italian Musical Term for 'agitated'), Staccato ('short and detached') 

I'm guilty of not updating. Yes. It bothers me, you know, to not have my deleted post returned to where it was. Well. Blogger is doing it's best to do just that after that maintenance issue. Keeps me wondering when it will reappear.

Andante ('in a walking pace') 

Now to push that away from my mind. I've been into the Music Room in the university! It felt wonderful to have the tinkling ivory keys before me again. It felt great to find that the notes, although a little rusty, still flow to the edge of my fingertips to form pieces once stuck in my head.

As far as music goes, sight-reading is not one of my strengths. My ears work better, so I let them choose which songs I would play. The more recent ones that I've learnt include the main theme of Pirates of the Caribbean, I'm Still Here (Jim's Theme) from Treasure Island, I Won't Say I'm In Love from Hercules, Bluebird (Theme Song) from Naruto and Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven.

That's on top of the other old ones, from Chinese to Malay tunes to movie soundtracks to a Classical piece (I think) which I've heard, liked and played but have no idea who wrote it or even what it's called.

It's a random assortment, like the sweets in a Celebration pack. I'm hungry.

Allegro ('fast and lively') 

That aside, I'm extremely happy that I've managed to tick off all the things I needed to do on my list today. And got positive feedback from various aspects. All I want to do for the rest of the day is have a snack and relax while catching up on shows. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Time to do just that.


ƒine ('the end') 

2 comments:

  1. Bluebird? Ikomonogatari's Blue Bird? In PIANO? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Really liked the song, and Go! from Naruto as well (the fast-paced one)

    ReplyDelete