Sunday, May 29, 2011

Golden Goose

First and foremost, my exams are over! Being one who shuns the pressure of exams, I am particularly relieved of that fact. But that hit me as well. It's Summer... it's officially my summer break! The next few months with absolutely nothing to do...and....my first year is over.

Funny how fast time can be, even when you're on the slow path. After the exam, a few of us had cake outside Nelson's Court. Celebration of the last paper and last time we're a first year.

On Friday, Keb, Sarah, Amy and I went to Amanda's place for her farewell party. She'll be going back to America, and I'm going to miss all the fun times, including all the CWS (Creative Writing Society) meetings, that we've spent together.

P1020459
Sopio
Sipping our "cocktail" (fizzy drink that tasted of ginger with some grapes randomly thrown in because of  the amusing way they bob about in the glass) and eating snacks, we had games of Sopio and Blitz. The rules are complicated enough so I'll skip that, but I loved the stick figures on Sopio!
P1020461
Cocktail, anyone?

P1020467
Blitz!
To Amanda, all the best in the coming years and may "golden geese flutter to your feet". We'll meet again someday. I just know it.
P1020469
Group photo (1)
I enjoyed our conversations that stretched our "we should go now" into "let's stay longer". We should do it again!
P1020471
Group photo (2)
Also, we read the supposedly worst Harry Potter fan fiction online. Due to the atrocious manner of its content and grammar, I cannot find the strength and, more importantly, refuse to post the link here. Search for it and it will definitely turn up. Warning: We did laugh until our heads hurt (purely ironic laughters) over the things he/she wrote.

P1020483

Ah, the funny things people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment