Sunday, May 30, 2010

Proceed

Yesterday there was a Wesak Day Float Procession, so my family and I went to take a look. Although it is an annual affair, it was on our list of things to do, being an uncommon sighting around the area.

On the floats there were monks sprinkling holy water over the devotees as they followed the floats carrying candles or blinking lights (Mixture of tradition and technology, I suppose) as well as the spectators. It is said to bring blessing and protection.


We could have stayed longer but the rain got heavier by the minute, and none of us had an umbrella. My brother had the leverage, having brought his bicycle out. So the rest of us (including one of our cats which tagged along) raced back home.


Here are a couple more photos of the Guan Yin - goddess of compassion.

Sleeping Buddha.

Note:

It's about time I proceed with my studying.

This 'Enlightening' event is giving me another guilt trip!


4 comments:

  1. It was a colourful night. Oh! It's in 'The Star' today! I think the Star Metro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! you photographed it so clearly. Excellent job :)

    ReplyDelete