Friday, May 14, 2010

One down. Eight to go.

Not that this amount comforts me, but I have to thank someone for becoming the 'life saviour' for our paper today. If you've sat for it, you just may know who I'm referring to.

Also I've recently read up on a sleep disorder called 'sleep paralysis', which Sher Lynn enlightened me on. It's when your brain 'wakes up' before your REM ends, so technically you are 'awake' in mind but your body cannot move a bit. You fight and struggle, but it would be of no use. It was, at one point, suggested to be a supernatural event.

Of course, eventually science backed that up. And so the result shows that most people experience this once or twice in their lives! And especially students, if I may just add.

It happened to me once some time back and since I had no idea what it was, the whole process was extremely unpleasant. Not that I want it to happen again.

Hmm. It says here on a website that sleep paralysis is normally caused by stress, migranes, other sleep disoders...or sleep deprivation. Not a good sign, is it? You know what, I better hit the bed now.

Sleep well, guys, 'sleep paralysis' isn't fun. But don't panic if you get them. Try not to, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment