Monday, January 19, 2009

Of Sardines and Mary Poppins


Red. Come on. Red. Come on. Red....GREEN!! Yes!

No No No No No No No... What does it feel like to be a sardine? My goodness, you wouldn't want to know. Besides, at least I didn't miss the bus. Again. I'm not, however, happy to know that the bus came half an hour late.

Bus rides aren't too bad, mind you, provided you have a seat. And of course, it isn't packed with people hoping to return home from work. Which becomes the problem from 6pm to 7pm.

Everyone could hardly move. Any single motion set off a chain reaction. My arm hurt from trying to balance myself. Inertia worked against us. The traffic was horrible.

My imaginations ran wild in there. I've the power to make things go my way, they whispered. Squinting at the traffic light, I tried to make it go green.

Red. Come on. Red. Come on. Red....GREEN!! Yes!

The cars could hardly crawl out of this mess. About 20 seconds later, we were back in the line, and I continued my psychic attempts, while sighs can be heard from the back of the bus. Perhaps, I thought, if I had some form of sorcery to make the cars in front of us fade into nothingness. PLEASE go green!!

Red. Come on. Red. Come on. Red....GREEN!! Yes!

And we made it out!! Only to face another jam ahead.

So I realise it doesn't matter what time I leave Moral lessons, I'll still end up in this sticky situation. I pity those poor people at other stops who were turned away because of the full house. At least I won't beat my record of being out at 7am and only able to reach PJ at 8pm.

Well...

I did reach PJ earlier than that dreaded day. Won't want to beat that record anytime. Only that my mum was caught in the jam as well. I had but to wait under that bus stop while the rain pitter-plattered on the roof, teasing me with wind strong enough to make Mary Poppins fly 1000 miles.



Then again, at least...just at least...(keeping myself optimistic)



I reached home at 7.55pm.

3 comments:

  1. "So lets take a hypothetical" Katherine said, discarding the sand grain. "What if I told you that a [i]thought[[/i].. any tiny idea that forms in your mind... actually has [i]mass[/i]? What if I told you that a thought is an actual {i]thing{/i}, a measurable entity, with measurable mass? A miniscule mass, of course, but [i]mass[/i] nonetheless. What are the implications?"

    "Hypothetically speaking? Well, the obvious implications are... if a thought has mass, then a thought has gravity and can pull things toward it."

    Katherine smiled, "You're good.. Now take it a step further. What happens when many people start focusing on the [i]same[/i] thought? All the occurrences of that same thought begin to merge into one, and the cumulative mass of this thought begins to grow. And therefore, it's gravity grows."

    "Okay"

    "Meaning... if enough people begin thinking of the same thing, then the gravitational force of that thought becomes tangible... and it exerts actual foce." Katherine winked "And it can have a measurable effect in our physical world."

    -taken from Chapter 18 of "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. I don't get why my sister put this book down. It's so awesome. Maybe you can try looking for it one of these days XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could possibly have made the light turn green slightly faster...only to have us relax once more and for it to slip back into red. Interesting thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Kudos to Dan Brown. He's a writing genius, at least so I think haha.

    ReplyDelete