Monday, July 23, 2012

Leaning

Leaning Tower of Pisa
Leaning Tower of Pisa, taken in January 2012
Lately I've been trying to keep myself occupied. It's my natural defence against things that annoy or upset me. It's something I realized last year when there were a lot of news to deal with and half the time I thought about what I needed to do so that my work won't be affected. In other words, working to avoid not working.

Some people tell me it's good being productive under unfortunate circumstances. Some people say it's strength. I sense that it is a little unhealthy to treat certain emotions like brats, shut them out and tell them, "Not now. I've got work to do." 

Things don't work out the way you want them to. I understand that. Doesn't mean I approve of it. Over the last few days the world slapped me in the face several times, which got me working on certain things in a mildly obsessive fashion. 

It really is about time I slap back.

No comments:

Post a Comment