Monday, July 30, 2012

Busy month ahead

Oreo Cheesecake by rachlyf
Oreo Cheesecake, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.
PS. Baked this for Joyce's birthday.
August is looking like a busy month but that makes it all the more exciting. Better to be out there doing stimulating things than to be talking to voices in your head. Especially if those voices love cake. But I digress.

1. I'm going to be an intern at The Star, an English-language tabloid newspaper in Malaysia.

2. I've planned out most of what I want to write for my first attempt at Camp NaNoWriMo. Half-expecting to break down mid-way (as seemed the common case) but those voices in my head are still convincing me otherwise.

3. I've been taking classes for Basic Sign Language with Mei Shan. I jumped at the opportunity the moment she asked. Why? (Popular question) It's something I've wanted to check off my list for a long time. Learning languages is an absolute joy and it's fascinating when people communicate in signs and gestures that make all the sense in the world once you understand them.

That's all in the meantime. Now for a Snickers bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment