Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meeting the Gang

These are some of the friends, who, the moment I flew back home, immediately roped me out for outings. They considered organizing a Penang trip so that I could satiate my hunger for Char Kuey Teow when I'd been craving the noodles for months. And of course, the other reason being that "food tours" are the best tours around. 

We wanted to go to Malacca (think chicken rice balls and Nyonya dishes) but due to lots of discrepancies with the timing and dates and all, it boiled down from Malacca to Penang (think Char Kuey Teow, Assam Laksa and more Nyonya dishes) to Sunway Lagoon (a water themed park) to Midvalley (a shopping complex).

Spaghetti
Huge Plate of Spaghetti!
It was alright with all of us, since it was not short of a "food trip" anyway. And besides, what mattered was that we got to meet each other after such a long time!

Spaghetti (2)
Typically Malaysian
Taking photos of your food is quite an Asian habit (I kid you not), look at the photo above! Have you ever seen such a huge plate of spaghetti?

Five of us(1)

Ah, how I missed them- because we'd known each other since high school (four out of five of us were in the same class in our Second Form) our friendship is the sort where you can tease each other to your hearts desire without having to think through too much about what you want to say. We agreed to get ourselves lovely matching shirts to commemorate that.

Five of us (2)

I've met quite a few friends since I've returned, so there are more to come. But for now, I just want to thank my delightful, bubbly friends for constantly making the best of the time we get to be together.

1 comment:

  1. That's... ITALIANNIES MEATBALL SPAGHETTI FOR 6 D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete