Monday, May 28, 2012

Malaysian Meal

Malaysian Meal by rachlyf
Malaysian Meal, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.
International student away from home? Bet you have a stash of food packets or spice mixes tucked away somewhere. Little reminders of home that usually end up unused for months. No? You're probably not too fond of cooking, are you?

It had been a while since I last cooked Malaysian food. I have lots of spice mixes, but the only time I seem to be able to find any use for them is if (a) I have the same dishes for the next few days; perfect for exam period, or (b) I cook for a big group of people.

When Charlene, John, Michael and Derald came over the other day, we had chicken curry (spicy as spicy should be), fried long beans with carrots, stir-fry beef and "bak kut teh" (also known as pork ribs and tea soup). All served with rice. Also, John baked a raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

Speaking of Malaysian food, I've decided to fly back for the summer. There will be a lot of that when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment