Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Passing the Culinary Test

I owe it to the Malaysian Society for encouraging me to research and try out new recipes. Otherwise I'd be sticking to what I know. Nerve-wrecking as it is during the cooking process and the final judgement, it can be quite satisfying to see people having second helpings.

Disclaimer: This post contains photos of food. Typically Asian/Malaysian, so bear with me.

Passing the Culinary Test by rachlyf

Passing the Culinary Test, a photo by rachlyf on Flickr.
Above is the Nasi Briyani (or Briyani Rice in English) I made for that night. I didn't make it from scratch (I got a Biryani Rice Mix). Two pots of rice for my first try. Part of it is based on the agak-agak (Malay word for 'estimation') instinct and hence I probably have to fish it out from my memory the next time I try it out.

Check out the rest of our delights.

P1050220
Roti Canai
P1050221
Chicken Curry

P1050222
Kuih Bakar
Our food for the Mamak night event have been approved and deemed delicious. I think we did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment