Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reading Life into Life

I'm meant to write a story for my Creative Writing module as part of the coursework. Over the weekend, I had ideas popping in and out of my head. All of which I eventually dropped because they didn't seem right. Even on Monday morning I was walking around the house feeling rather peckish and needing something to write about. Anything to write about.

Then something happened. Thanks to Cheryl, who tagged me in a video on Facebook. The 14-minute animation is one of the most touching ones I have ever watched, and it's as good as 'Up'. That's an impressive compliment coming from me. I started tearing up when he revived the old book by reading it.

I thought the animators captured what reading is truly about, and what books really are. How they can come alive by the power of imagination, and bring the world to life with it.



Do watch this video. You won't regret it.

And hey, it planted a seed in my imagination and I know now what I can write about.  Hopefully it would work. I am 70% done. Have a great day, guys, and go read a book.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this animation won best feature animation award at this year's Oscars :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I realized soon after. So much emotion packed into one video! :D

    ReplyDelete